This role is for an ex colleagues new start up based in London. It is a content driven company and already have some cool clients and very smart co-founders.
If you are interested in this role please email email@example.com
Start Up SEO Executive Role
Reporting to: SEO Manager
Our mission is to help international students find their perfect home abroad
We are an exciting, fast growing tech company focused on the international student market and based in London W1, with offices in Shanghai, New York and Hong Kong. We are a team that combines unparalleled experience in growing successful digital businesses with some of the most exciting talent working in technology, design and content in London today.
We believe in putting our customers first and giving students complete peace of mind when planning their journey of study abroad. We currently focus on accommodation, but are building a company that can help students with all aspects of their lives away from home.
We are currently undertaking a substantial investment in building a revolutionary service and incredible new brand to be launched in many international markets.
The SEO Executive will support delivery of a global SEO strategy that aims to maximise relevant traffic to Student.com from organic search in multiple languages that converts to enquiries and bookings. The SEO Executive will have a particular focus on outreach and managing the site’s link profile. They will support the SEO Manager in monitoring and reporting on KPIs of channel performance.
The opportunity here is massive. You will have a chance to generate the traffic that will propel the company from its current level of success to dominate the student market.
The primary responsibilities of the SEO Executive are to:
- Support delivery of the global SEO strategy, which will include:
- Assisting in the identification of search volume opportunities for traffic growth and executing all strategy and tactics required to attract and retain that traffic across multiple markets
- Reporting on performance against targets for growth of organic traffic, visibility and customer acquisition/bookings
- Ongoing optimisation of on-the-page elements of the site as it grows, supporting engineering team as required.
- Monitoring and responding to SEO health: particularly Penguin and Panda risk
- Take ownership of inbound link profile
- Take a strategic approach to encouraging growth of natural inbound link profile
- Work within team to create content that naturally attracts links from valuable sources
- Support the creation and fostering of an SEO data-driven business culture by:
- Supporting the implementation of tracking, analysis and reporting solutions for keywords, share of voice, CTR and other core KPIs across multiple markets plus ongoing analysis and insight
- Monitoring and reporting on organic and brand demand
- Monitoring and reporting on competitor keyword performance and SOV
- Support the adoption of SEO best practice across the business by:
- Assisting in the creation and maintenance of best practice guidelines
- Supporting the SEO Manager in their ownership of all site and content optimisation
- Working cross-functionally:
- With Content to ensure all copy supports the SEO strategy
- With Product & Engineering to ensure new features are SEO-positive
- With the PPC team to ensure targets are aligned to optimise any spend
Skills & Experience
- Over 2 years’ experience in SEO, either in-house or at an agency, preferably with start-up experience
- Plugged into the latest SEO news and trends with an understanding of how this information practically informs modern SEO strategy
- Experience of outreach in an SEO context
- Experience of implementation a user-focused SEO strategy with a small team
- Strong Excel skills and comfortable manipulating and analyzing large data sets. Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of digital analysis, tracking and reporting tools, such as Google Analytics, WMT, SEOClarity, Majestic, BrightEdge, Screaming Frog, aHrefs, or similar
- Strong written and oral communicator, who is as comfortable building new relationships as presenting analysis and data to a non-technical audience