I am a highly motivated, performance, and data-driven leader with over 20 years of Marketing and Growth Leadership experience. I have held leadership roles in Growth, Marketing, Crowdfunding, and Agency side.
I am currently the founder of Focus Business Consultancy. Focus was created to fix the broken world of work. Focus concentrates on three things, culture, strategy and trust.
Culture and strategy for years have been disconnected and created silo’s, Focus works with companies of all sizes, typically helping Leadership Teams and HR teams to deliver workshops, training and co-creating the next 18-36 strategy.
Marketing & Growth Offerings:
Advisor and consultant to help challenger brands, startups, and upstart businesses.
I offer Interim CMO and Interim VP of Marketing, currently Interim CMO at a global Art Company.
My background is predominantly consumer-facing businesses specialising in marketplace businesses, focusing on creating and optimising the flywheel, improving the core product to improve user happiness and satisfaction.
I have had many years of experience in B2B & SaaS software and rebuilt pricing structure within one of the world’s largest three-sided marketplaces to move their company to profitability.
- Director of Growth & Director of Crowdfunding at the world’s largest fundraising platform JustGiving
- Crowdfunding went through hyper growth under my leadership and transacted over £60m per year.
- As Director of Growth I was responsible for delivering growth and innovation for JustGiving. The Growth team and I released numerous successful tests and programmes including:
- Introduced new pricing structure for the business increasing profits
- Increasing average donation value by 8%
- Introducing and future proofing JustGiving core business by introducing offline to online donations via introducing QR codes across the full Product range
- Previously as Director Of Marketing, I ran a team of 21
- I was the founder of Denhard Media, a consultancy that helped Marketing Directors, VP’s, CMO’s and founders of market leaders, challenger brands and start-ups create their marketing strategies, campaigns and provided bespoke training programs.
- Advised two companies; a mobile app company and a disruptive art startup.
- Led teams across Europe, including UK, France, Germany and Holland.
I have worked with some of the largest global brands, working both in-house and led agencies to ensure the best possible results for my client’s campaigns.
- I have worked across some of the toughest verticals including: money saving, classifieds, property, travel, mortgage, finance, high end fashion and e-commerce.
Previous roles included: Head of Product, Head of Product Marketing and Head of Search. For full information happily, review on LinkedIn
I have spoken at a number of conferences, recently keynote speaker for the disruptive marketing conference, I cover wide and varying topics, including:
- Disrupting your own company
I have spoken at many in-house conferences, agency ran conferences and independent events across Europe including Great Britain, Austria and Germany.
I was a keynote speaker for General Assembly
With the recent global changes, I can keynote remotely and keen to help where I can.
I have featured in Retail Insight covering Amazong Go Tech coming to the UK, ReadWrite.com, MarketingWeek, DailyDot, Econsultancy, Guardian discussing social commerce, SEO, the impact of content marketing, social media changes and user experience.
I write a weekly must reads, including long reads, must watch video’s, the podcasts I recommend from the week and articles you are likely to have missed: subscribe via http://mustreads.substack.com
I was part of the 2019 Drum Marketing awards with other CMO’s and VP’s of Marketing and Growth (link)