Danny Denhard CV
Danny Denhard – Marketing & Growth Leader
Highly motivated, performance and data-driven business leader, with over twenty years of Marketing, Product and Growth leadership experience. Having led departments and business lines in-house, agency side and ran my own consultancy this provides me with a unique 360-degree view of how businesses operate and apply to Marketing and Product Departments, shaping the Business requirements.
I develop Business Strategy, Marketing Operations, Company-wide Growth Strategies, New Market Development and Company Culture workshops.
I regularly speak and keynote at conferences and host masterclasses covering Growth, Marketing, Company Culture and Strategy. I am a regular awards judge including Company Culture Awards, The Drum Marketing Awards & The Social Media Awards.
I hold advisory and non-Exec roles.
- Led business model change from flat processing fees to new tip jar model resulting in 20% increase in gross revenue at JustGiving
- Senior Leadership Team Member at JustGiving, responsible for Strategy, Company Growth and Crowdfunding business direction
- Ownership of my own consultancy and worked with market leaders and Start-Ups to develop their marketing strategies and offerings
- Oversaw the Marketing Organisational restructure post-JustGiving’s acquisition by Blackbaud (BLKB)
- Created the best in class global Crowdfunding Product & market leader in EMEA
- IPO, R&D and M&A experience with RetailMeNot with three €90m+ acquisitions
Founder – Focus (& Acting Interim CMO)
April 2020 – Present. London.
Helping business leaders navigate the pandemic and fixing the broken world of work through Company Culture, Strategy, Marketing & Growth Consultancy.
- Recently finished as Interim CMO for luxury art marketplace MyArtBroker, the average order value of £75k selling prints from the likes of Banksy, KAWS, Roy Litchenstein, Andy Warhol.
- I help Founders, Product Leads, Operations Director & Heads of Marketing through paid Coaching and Mentorship, including a Start-Up CEO, Operations Director, Product Lead & Head Of Marketing.
- I offer C-suite level consultancy and interim support
- Offer problem-solving Workshops covering Strategy, Growth, Marketing, Product & Company Culture
- Currently a Growth Advisor for new parent’s marketplace The Octopus Club & non-executive director for IT Trouble Free.
Director of Growth & Director of Crowdfunding – JustGiving
January 2019 – March 2020. London
JustGiving is the world’s leading giving platform and marketplace with a community of over 26 million, allowing anyone to raise money for any good cause. JustGiving has helped to raise over £4.2 billion for good and charitable causes. With 150 employees across three territories, it raised over £450million in donations in 2019.
- Senior Leadership Team Member with dual roles, Director of Growth and Director of Crowdfunding (running the peer-to-peer crowdfunding business line).
- Business leader for JustGiving Crowdfunding Business Line (20% of total revenue) and led the Product to become the best-in-class peer to peer Crowdfunding Product
- Grew Crowdfunding from £4m per year to £75m in transactions.
- Was responsible for the Crowdfunding business line generating £75m in annual donations (transactions) from 1.8m donors (users) with £750k in revenue.
- Was responsible for JustGiving’s Growth and Innovation departments (business-wide)
- Built out dedicated Growth department spanning Product, UX, UI, Design, Tech, Marketing, Data Science and BI to improve customer experience, customer satisfaction and the core product. This had a 10% increase in Crowdfunding performance in 2019.
- The Growth team was responsible for core Product updates and rolled out 18 releases in 2019.
Read the Growth checkout case study for optimising checkouts
- Successful tests implemented: Increased average donation value by 8%, Increased average page value by £120, increased TipJar model from 5.1% to 6.4%
- In charge of Marketing & Crowdfunding budgets of over £2.5m management across web search, mobile, paid social, email, radio, print, TV, sponsorship of conferences, trade shows & brand partnerships including PayPal & sponsorship of newsletters, podcasts and YouTubers.
Marketing Director – JustGiving
July 2017 – January 2019. London
- Led Conjoint Analysis and Business model change from flat fee to tip jar model resulting in 20% increase in gross revenue
- The Marketing Leader leading B2B & B2C Teams covering: Brand, CRM, PR & Comms, Social Media, Content, Search, Product Marketing, Events & Annual Awards.
- Part of the senior management team at JustGiving and international consumer group creating annual strategy
- Led 70% YoY growth in the crowdfunding product 2017 to 2018
- Responsible for brand merger and consultation strategy for three local brands into the JustGiving brand (including North America, Australasia, UK&I
- Led team of 21 through an acquisition and record year of profitability
- Engineered JustGiving’s flywheel and growth loops, improving our acquisition, retention and referral models
- Cemented JustGiving as the global leading brand in fundraising and crowdfunding marketplaces (post acquisition)
- Was responsible for the Marketing department and team of over 20 (+ 5 overseas)
- In charge of Marketing & Crowdfunding budgets of over £2.5m
- Budget management across web search, mobile, paid social, CRM, PR, Radio, Print, TV, Conference, Trade shows, Annual awards ceremonies & Brand partnerships.
Head of Marketing & Crowdfunding Lead – JustGiving
February 2016 – July 2017. London
- Business lead for JustGiving crowdfunding
- Built JustGiving Crowdfunding to become the UK market leader.
- Led Growth (Built ecosystem) strategy for JustGiving crowdfunding, resulting in 311% increase YoY from 2016 to 2017
- Built out Marketing newsroom approach, combing PR, communications, product marketing, social media, digital marketing, customer success and support for maximum reach of our product and the important news stories
- Created thought leadership and key opinion leader programmes
- Restructured Marketing team with introduction of dedicated Content Marketing and Product Marketing teams
- Developed consumer focused social media sharing strategy, leveraging network effects to maximise reach of JustGiving pages. Resulting in more money raised for both personal crowd funders and charitable causes
Founder – Denhard Media
December 2013 – January 2016. London
Post IPO at RetailMeNot I created my own Marketing, Growth and Business consultancy based in London. I offered strategic Marketing, Campaign Development, Workshops, Training and Auditing services. I had clients operating in EMEA, BRIC and American markets.
- Strategic marketing and business advisory consultancy
- Clients included: JustGiving, Delivery Hero (JustEat/Takeaway), Rocket Internet, Carphone Warehouse, Nexmo, Wonderbly (Lostmyname) and Avenue32
- Worked alongside Marketing Directors and CMO’s to audit, train and advise international teams
- Developed go to market strategies for start-ups and challenger brands
Head of SEO EMEA – VoucherCodes / RetailmeNot
February 2012 – December 2013. London
Vouchercodes.co.uk was a part of American company RetailMeNot, the world’s largest discount and coupon company. I joined post VoucherCodes acquisition and in transition period to a listed company.
- Joined VoucherCodes pre-IPO and developed search and social media strategies
- Took VoucherCodes from challenger brand to brand leader in market
- Part of the team creating VoucherCodes TV advert
- Managed European wide search teams across Germany, France and Holland across five brands under a House of Brands set up
- Created an annual internal conference for marketing teams to share knowledge
- Was part of two acquisitions and on-boarding teams that acquired two French web properties for over €60m
Previous Work History From 2005 – 2012
- Head of Product
- Project Manager
- Search Team Lead – working with the likes of FarFetch, Tesco, TUI, Zoopla, Gumtree, eBay,
For a complete role history and information is available or visit my LinkedIn profile.
Marketing: Growth, Strategy, Branding, Marketplace Development & Marketing, Retention, Digital, Product Marketing, Community As A Service,
Product: New Product & Brand Development, Product Enhancements, NPS – User Happiness & Satisfaction
Operations: Auditing, Merger & Acquisition Restructuring, Budget Management
Leadership: Training & Mentorship, Change Management, Culture Development, Talent Acquisition