Over the past couple of weeks, a friend of mine Nick Walter (CEO of a Mixed Reality Company) and I have been recording a pilot podcast.
This is an invite-only episode – we are not pushing out via the usual channels, we are looking for podcast fans to listen and feedback.
FYI: The sound is not perfect & we are working on the flow, however, we debate the food delivery world.
Important Talking Points
- The evolution of food delivery
- The impact of food delivery
- The cost and business impact
- How habits have shifted
- Why you probably will want to be tactical on ordering
- Food box churn issues
- And importantly, Why I believe dark stores and dark kitchens are the future for so many QSR businesses and new brands
The Food Delivery Debate Markers
- 1:10 – Drive thru’s
- 3:17 – Habits & habitual
- 3:25 – Resurgence of the milkman
- 4:25 – Delivery matrix explained
- 8:03 – Ordering in is the new going out
- 10:10 – Cultural shift
- 10:40 – Professional complainer
- 14:34 – It is still not fixed
- 14:48 – Leeds takeaway kings (North Vs South)
- 15:21 – Could surge pricing be introduced?
- 16:33 – Dark kitchen and dark stores to win?
- 19:07 – Getting an Uber – a local sign of trust?
- 20:44 – Churn issues for food boxes
- 22:10 – Path to least resistance
- 25:02 – Milkman issues – dairy vs allergies
- 26:38 – Nutrition opportunities
- 27:00 – Service x local data = win
- 28:56 – Nick’s hot take
- 29:55 – Opportunity vs barrier
- 36:03 – Health space improvements
- 37:05 – Stopping the churn
- 40:25 – Sainsbury’s chance to win
Happily let me know what you think of our second podcast run, the pod is still in beta so we will be improving our set up and attempting to reduce down the length.
The Food Delivery Matrix