Reclaim Your Facebook Newsfeed Back In 5 Easy Steps
- Unlike business pages – go to https://www.facebook.com/username/likes_other (obviously edit the username to yours) and remove/unlike any business pages you do not want to appear.
- Stop pressing the like button and actually comment more – you will have a better personal experience and will completely change your Facebook feed, the more likes the more flooded your feed gets.
- If you have friends with very contrasting views to you and constantly post updates and like(s) very different to yours you might want to think about muting them, your friends have a huge impact on your newsfeed (most people did not know this) and really effects what is displayed in your newsfeed.
So think about unfollowing certain friends (you can do this by clicking on your friends account and click follow to unfollow them (you can also do this within the newsfeed itself).
This will not stop them from liking or commenting on your profile but it will stop them flooding your newsfeed.
- Sick of old stories and shares dominating your newsfeed? Go to newsfeed, click the drop down arrow and select Most Recent, this will update your feed on your given device (desktop, app and mobile all work independently)
- Engage (like or comment) with your actual close friends more or engage with a wider circle of school / uni / work friends.
It is surprising how many people get stuck in a rut of engaging with a very small number of friends and only seeing a small number of updates and remember this also applies when their friends have liked or commented on mutual friends updates.
Remember: If you have a number of updates from the same people, the likelihood is you have a large number of mutual friends with these people, your feed will be constantly updated with friends interactions. If you do not want to see these you will have to go to the drop down on status updates and select “I don’t want to see this”. (Shown below)
Lastly, if ads annoy you can “hide” annoying ads on Facebook: You can use adblocker on desktop to block Facebook ads from appearing, there is noway of blocking them currently via the app but if you use desktop (or dedicated adblocker apps for mobile) this is a great way of removing ads.
If you want to know more, check out Facebook’s official help topic on Newsfeed – Link
If you are looking for personal or professional help with your Facebook profiles or campaigns, I will happily help you.
If you are interested in hearing more or would like to contact me for Facebook consultancy & assistance please complete the form below: